Silverfern has a unique, direct, co-control investment strategy, investing on behalf of both major institutions and more than 65 sophisticated multi-billion-dollar single family offices
Silverfern is a global middle-market, multi-asset class investment management firm. Led by founding Principals Clive R. Holmes and Reeta K. Holmes, the Firm invests on behalf of both major institutional investors and a network of more than 65 of the world’s largest and most sophisticated multi-billion-dollar single family offices.
Through its private equity offices in New York, Amsterdam, Frankfurt and Sydney, and its real estate offices (in collaboration with 3650 REIT) in New York, Miami, Chicago, Los Angeles and Newport Beach, Silverfern makes direct investments in middle market private equity globally and in U.S. commercial real estate private debt (Silver3TG).
- Focus in the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific;
- Unique Insight through Silverfern’s global investor network;
- Local, in 23 countries.
Silverfern’s unique co-control investment strategy seeks to mitigate systemic risk in its portfolio by pursuing attractive risk-adjusted returns on a global basis, while at the same time seeking to manage local/market risk through its strategy to partner with qualified, local, investment partners on each of its investments.
- Bringing more than just capital to the table;
- Low correlation investing, leading to Portfolio Alpha.
By partnering with investors and managers with deep industry, asset, and local knowledge, Silverfern can understand and uncover value where other investors may not be able to see it, developing deep investment insight and acting as a globally diversified industry specialist, clearly distinct from generalist firms and investors.
Silverfern’s global orientation allows us to leverage the industry expertise of our investment partners, and to capitalize on differences in industry cycles across geographic regions.
Silverfern By The Numbers
Silverfern believes its strongest competitive advantage is the Firm’s extensive networks of relationships, that provide private, off-market information flows and access to attractive, non-correlated investment opportunities.
- A network of 65+ multi-billion-dollar SFOs in over 20 countries spanning five continents;
- 50+ Fortune 1000 CEO-level operating executives on the Silverfern Advisory Board;
- Silver3TG U.S. CRE private debt collaboration with 3650 REIT; and,
- 13 senior investment partners in Silverfern’s offices in New York, Los Angeles, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Miami and Sydney.
Silverfern offers flexible investment products to qualiified investors through Luxembourg-based RAIFs (separately managed accounts), Luxembourg-based co-mingled funds, and US Limited Partnerships.
Silverfern seeks to preserve capital and to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns through growth and operational improvement, by investing substantial capital in partnership with leading investors and world-class management.
- Manage the Micro – Work the assets in our portfolio;
- Survive the Macro – Take advantage when others fail.